Ten tips to help making weaning onto solid food an enjoyable and successful experience for both you and your baby.
Tips for successful weaning:
- Make weaning a social experience from the beginning
- Give your baby a spoon as soon as he or she can hold one
- Use a plastic spoon as it feels better for your baby and is sterilised more easily
- Start with bland foods and make them almost as liquid as milk
- Stick with the same two or three foods for a few days before moving on
- Give your baby one taste at a time, that way you will know better which he or she prefers and can detect any adverse reactions
- Offer solid foods once or twice a day for the first month
- Do not rush a feed time with your baby
- Use a bib and put something down on the floor to catch any mess
- Never put solid foods in a bottle
If you have a question about this article or something else, visit our friendly forums & ask the AskBaby community.
||Chat about tips for successful weaning with our friendly community...