Nine signs that your baby may be ready for weaning onto solid foods.
There are plenty of signs that you baby is ready for weaning:
- Holding his or her head up and controlling head movements.
- Sitting well when supported.
- Making chewing motions.
- Doubling his or her birth weight.
- Being unsatisfied after a full milk feed
- Demanding increasing and more frequent milk feeds
- Attempting to put things in his or her mouth
- After a period of sleeping through the night waking in the night with hunger
- Displaying curiosity about what you are eating.
If you are unsure or concerned about when your baby is ready to begin weaning you should talk to your health visitor.