Advice on what to look for when buying maternity clothes throughout your pregnancy plus the opportunity to purchase stylish maternity wear.
Maternity style secrets to help you look your best throughout your pregnancy
- Do not hide under lots of layers or baggy clothes and avoid horizontal stripes or bold prints, it will make you look bigger
- You will look slimmer if you dress in one colour, black is very flattering, but warm in summer
- Think before spending a fortune, you will not be big for long, look for clothes that can be worn for more than one occasion e.g. smart trousers for work and going out or a pretty top to wear with jeans or a shirt
- If you do not like stretchy panels over your bump you do not have to stick to maternity wear. Buy larger sized clothes such as velour bottoms, biased cut dresses or hipster trousers.
- Choose shoes or boots with lower heels, try beaded flip flops or kitten heeled mules for evenings out
- Use accessories, jewellery, bags and scarves can transform an outfit. Think about investing in a pashmina, it will provide a bit of colour and cover up everything!
If you have a question about this article or something else, visit our friendly forums & ask the AskBaby community.
||Chat about pregnancy style secrets with our friendly community...