Advice on what to look for when choosing outdoor toys for your baby, plus the opportunity to purchase a range of childrens outdoor toys including baby swings, slides and trampolines.
Playing outdoors is a great place for a toddler with lots of energy. Playing in a safe garden means that you and your baby can enjoy a relaxing and entertaining time.
- Sit and ride toys - look for cars, trikes and tractors that have secret storage places and accessories that make noises. Pedals are not easy for under 2s so stick to foot-powered vehicles.
- Sandpits - look for a sandpit with a lid and place it away from the house or you will have more sand indoors than outside. Some have built in seats which can make sand play more comfortable.
- Paddling pools - suitable from when you child can stand up. Some have a canopy to keep the sun off your child. Ensure your child is supervised carefully.
- Scooters - look for a scooter with a sturdy frame and wide wheels.
- Play tents and tunnels - provide a safe place to play indoors, and out! Keep the sun and heat out.
- Climbing frames - look for climbing frames with a toddler level that can be raised later for older children.
- Swings -look for a strong tubular steel frame which can fit different sized swings that you can change as your child grows. Choose a high back seat to begin with and change for a junior size for years of play.
- Slides - look for moulded plastic treads with grips for added safety and safety hand rails.
If you have a question about this article or something else, visit our friendly forums & ask the AskBaby community.
||Chat about outdoor toys with our friendly community...