Advice on what to look for when buying disposable nappies, plus the opportunity to purchase a range of absorbant disposable nappies.
There is a huge choice of disposable nappies available. The only thing you need to know is your baby's weight, as this will influence the size you will need. After that it is trial and error to discover which disposable nappy is right for you and your baby.
Questions to ask before buying disposable nappies
- Does it fit well? - Any gaps around the legs or tummy could mean leaks (especially during the night) and red marks on legs or tummy can indicate that the nappy is too tight.
- How absorbent? - Your baby's skin should be dry, not clammy when you take off the nappy
- Is it comfy? - Look for plenty of padding
- Value for money? - It is a false economy to buy cheap nappies if they do not fit or leak, you will end up changing your baby more frequently.
- Should I buy in bulk? - It can work out cheaper, but ensure your baby is not close to moving up to the next size.