Advice on what to look for when choosing a baby changing bag, plus the opportunity to purchase a range of stylish nappy changing bags.
A changing bag is a high priority for carrying your baby's essentials, such as nappies, wipes, bottles, even a foldaway changing mat. Your changing bag needs to be spacious, easy to carry and look good too. Also useful is a washable lining, and a shoulder strap to carry the bag and baby too!
There are lots of bags on the market, ranging from very basic to the deluxe. Before you buy consider the following:
- Do you need a detachable changing mat? - Not all bags come with a changing mat.
- Lots of pockets? - Useful for keeping things separate and to hand.
- Different compartments? - May be useful to keep bottles separate or have a 'wet bag' for dirty nappies.
- An insulated bottle pocket? - You may want to keep bottles or food warm for a while.
- A shoulder strap? - Useful to put your changing bag onto your shoulder when you are carrying your baby and maybe other things too!
- Who will be using the bag? - Unisex styles are widely available so both Mum and Dad will be happy to carry the bag.
- Backpack or shoulderbag style? - If you walk a lot a backpack style may be easier to carry. Alternatively, a shoulder bag worn across the body helps to distribute weight.