Advice on what to look for when choosing baby weaning bowls and spoons.
When you wean your baby you will need plates, bowls, and cutlery that you can sterilise.
Make sure that the bowl or plate is small, plastic and unbreakable.
Extras to look for when buying bowls and spoons:
- Suction pads to secure the bowl
- A hand grip for you to hold
- Heat sensors which change the colour of the bowls to let you know when food is too hot
- Separate compartments for different foods and lids for travelling
- Some spoons are heat sensitive and have handgrips to help your baby learn to feed later