Advice on the benefits of a baby sleeping bags and features to look for when choosing one plus the opportunity to purchase a range of baby sleeping bags including organic, summer weight and travel varieties.
A baby sleeping bag replaces the need for blankets and top sheets and ensures your baby is always sufficiently covered. Suitable from birth (providing you choose a suitable sized bag), the cosiness of a baby sleeping bag can help to give your baby the security he or she needs to sleep.
A baby sleeping bag allows air to circulate, keeping your baby at a comfortable temperature throughout the night. Being safe and practical are just two of the reasons why in the UK baby sleeping bags are becoming an increasingly popular alternative to sheets and blankets. They are also extremely convenient and can be used not only at home but also when visiting friends, on long journeys, sleeping anywhere around the home and are ideal for holidays. Most baby sleeping bags are machine washable and available in a choice of designs. They are available in sizes from newborn up to approximately four years.
Look for a sleeping bag with deep sleeve holes, so that the air has room to circulate without your baby overheating. Underneath the sleeping bag your baby can wear a cotton sleep suit or pyjamas, or just a vest or T-shirt in summer.
Choose your baby's sleeping bag according to season so that he or she stays comfortably warm and does not overheat. Bags are given a TOG rating according to the warmth they provide.
The benefits of a baby sleeping bag:
- Your baby is kept at the right temperature all night long
- Your baby will wake up warm and is therefore more likely to go back to sleep
- Your baby cannot slip down inside a baby sleeping bag, unlike sheets and blankets, which could go over your baby's head
- Your baby can kick her legs within the sleeping bag and it doesn't feel constricting.
- It will stop your baby's feet from getting stuck in the cot bars
- It will stop your baby from scratching itchy eczema
- It will help make the move from a Moses basket to a big cot much easier
- When travelling, however strange the surroundings, your baby will always feel comfortable in his or her sleeping bag
- It is harder for your baby to climb out of his or her cot and explore the house when everyone else is asleep