There's no two ways about it, baby's are messy things and while bibs and mop up muslin squares can do their part, a few stain removal tricks definitely come in handy. Here are our top tips for keeping your baby's clothes (and your own!) looking lovely and clean....
(If you have any suggestions yourself please share them with us in the comments box below!)
- Take off as much of the 'offending substance' as possible without spreading it. The best way to do this is by starting outside around the stain and moving inwards with your cloth - wiping in circles will help avoid ring marks too.
- Baby wipes are fantastic at removing most stains if you get to them before they set, plus they're something you usually have to hand
- Wash fruit stains with cold water straight away and most should come out.
- You should sponge spilt milk off with warm water and then wash as normal
- Soak really dirty clothes in hot water and detergent before washing them
- A solution of baking soda and water can be used to get sour milk out of clothes
- Add half a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle of your wash to get your whites really white
- Soak blood stained items in cold water before washing
- If you get baby oil on your clothes dab with washing up liquid and then wash as normal