Useful information on what to look for when buying a 3 wheeler pram for your baby plus the opportunity to compare prices and purchase a range of 3 wheel pushchairs.
Also known as an 'All Terrain Pushchair' this is a pram with three wheels, one at the front and two at the back which provides a lightweight but rugged pram providing an extremely comfortable ride for your baby. The real plus point of the 3 wheeler is their excellent manoeuvrability on different terrains.
Points to consider before you buy your 3 wheeled pram.
Do you travel by car? Do you use public transport frequently? Or are most of your outings on foot? If you mainly walk you will need to invest in a pram with good suspension and manoeuvrability. If you use the car to get about then you should consider a model which folds easily and fits into the car boot.
- Never leave your baby unattended at any time.
- Check your pushchair has an integral five-point harness and that the carrycot has D-rings to enable you to attach a harness.
- Always use the brakes - even on a flat surface.
- Remove the rain cover indoors to avoid overheating and never use in direct sunlight.
- Do not be tempted to use the pram to carry two children unless designed for that purpose.
- Check the safety lock preventing the chassis from sudden collapse is working.
- Do not hang shopping bags from the handles of your pushchairs.